Reproduction of a very fine mid-19th century Dutch chromolithograph of the volcanoes, hills and countryside around Buitenzorg (Bogor) by Johan Grieve Jr. The print was published in a work entitled ‘Java. Naar Schilderijen en Teekeningen van A. Salm’ (Java. After Paintings and Drawings of A. Salm), in Amsterdam in 1872. Abraham Salm was a Dutch Surabaja based merchant and tobacco planter, who spent twenty-one years of his life in Indonesia.
size image: 24 cm x 32 cm
H 24 cm x W 32 cm
Reproduction of a chromolithograph, after J.C. Rappard from M.T.H. Perelaer’s Nederlandsch-Indie Java Door De Buitenbezittingen published in Leiden in 1883. Shown is the Town Hall of Batavia. This building was the administrative headquarters of the Dutch East India Company and later of the Dutch Colonial Government. The current building was constructed in 1707 by the city government, replacing the former city hall built in 1627. Governor General Abraham van Riebeeck inaugurated it in 1710. As the city continue to expand southward, the building’s function as city hall (Dutch gemeentehuis) ended by 1913. Nowadays the Jakarta History Museum (Indonesian: Museum Sejarah Jakarta), also known as Fatahillah Museum or Batavia Museum, uses this building.
Size image: 23 cm x 17 cm
size image: 19 cm x 26 cm
Orang-Utan print by the Dutch artist Simon Fokke, originally published in Vosmaer’s 1778 edition of his book about apes on the island Borneo. This was the last volume he published on apes, and was dedicated only to the ‘Orang-Oetang’.
size image: 20 cm x 15 cm